The Foundation was created to promote compassionate giving that serves the needs of our community, be they religious, charitable, educational, scientific, literary, and the arts, within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986.
Under the terms of the governing instrument, grant requests from the following can NOT be considered:
- Political organizations
- Scholarships for individuals
- Grants to organizations or programs involving abortions
The Foundation Trustees meet four times each year and will consider all requests for grants that are within the stated purpose of the Foundation. Please note that any recipient of grant money will be asked to sign and return an acknowledgement letter in compliance with Internal Revenue Service rules, per The Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993.
Applications may be submitted online here. Grant applicants must include one (1) PDF copy of the following with each application:
- Cover letter: A letter addressed to the Trustees, which provides an introduction to your organization and briefly outlines the purpose and amount of the request.
- Evidence of tax-exempt status: Include a copy of your organization’s 501(c)(3) IRS Determination Letter.
- List of current Board of Directors: A list of the organization’s Board of Directions and their annual salaries received from the organization (if applicable).
- Project/program budget: A detailed budget for the program or project for which the grant is requested, including sources of project/program income and line item expenses.
- Organizational budget: A copy of your organization’s current annual operating budget with sources of income and line item expenses. Please also detail your organization’s total administrative costs.
- Other funding sources: A list of all major contributors or matching grants for the year for which you are requesting funding. Additionally, provide a summary of other grant requests made within the last twelve (12) months, including (i) the date of the request, (ii) the amount of the request, and (iii) its current status.
- Financial statements: A copy of your organization’s most recent audit or audited financial statement. If the financial statement is unaudited, please provide a copy of your most recently filed IRS Form 990.
- A list of assets and liabilities: Short-term and long-term assets and liabilities.
Please do not mail videos, DVDs, pamphlets, newspaper articles, or magazine-like booklets. The Foundation only reviews grant applications submitted online through our website. Note that incomplete application submissions will not be reviewed by the Foundation Trustees.
If you have any questions about the application package or the grant review process, please contact:
Sentinel Trust Company